This week sees the launch of our Local and European election campaigns.
Hardworking families know the Tories won't stand up for them, that the Liberal Democrats can't be part of the solution because they are part of the problem, and that UKIP don't share their values.
We know also that Labour is the only real alternative in local councils, in Europe or in Westminster. These elections are our chance to show the electorate hardworking Britain will be better off with Labour, and to send a message to this coalition that only Labour will tackle the cost-of-living crisis.
The Tories stand up for a privileged few
This Tory-led government is claiming that people are better off. But David Cameron, George Osborne and Nick Clegg simply don't understand the cost-of-living crisis facing hardworking families in Britain. The truth is hardworking people are £1,600 a year worse off under David Cameron.
Britain is facing a cost-of-living crisis in rising prices, stagnant wages, long hours, falling living standards, and declining opportunities for the next generation. Hardworking families know the Tories are making the cost-of-living crisis worse not better, because they put a privileged few before working people. That's why they've handed out tax breaks to those earning over £150,000 while making hardworking families worse off.
The Liberal Democrats are part of the problem not part of the solution
Hardworking British families are facing a cost-of-living crisis, and the Liberal Democrats can't be part of the solution because they are part of the problem:
- They say they oppose the Conservatives, but they have willingly backed this Conservative government every step of the way
- They supported the Conservative's tax break for those earning over £150,000 - while hardworking families are struggling
The truth about the Liberal Democrats is that they are propping up a Tory-led government that is standing up for a privileged few whilst making working people worse off. If you vote Liberal Democrat, you get a Tory government.
Only with Labour will Britain be better off
There is only one real alternative to the Tories in local councils, in Westminster or in Europe. Only voting Labour in these elections will send a message to this government that you want to see the big changes Britain needs to tackle the cost-of-living crisis.
Hardworking Britain will be better off with Labour:
- Better off with a Labour council, prioritising the NHS, housing and childcare, not worse off with the Tories who will cut services and put up your council tax.
- Better off in Europe, with Labour standing up to the energy companies, to the banks, and fighting for the NHS, not worse off with the Tories who will fight for bankers' bonuses and stand up for big tobacco firms.
- Better off with a Labour government, freezing energy prices, fighting for the NHS, getting young people back to work, and balancing the books in a fair way. We'll cut taxes for 24 million working people to make work pay, and we'll reverse David Cameron's and Nick Clegg's tax cut for the richest 1 per cent.